Northern Lights & Reindeer SleddingDate: Sunday 1 nov 2020 - Sunday 11 Apr 2021 Show map
Try reindeer sledding, the oldest form of transportation in the north, with authentic Sami guides from a family-run company - while you look out for the Northern Lights at the same time.
Enjoy the peace and quiet from the nature around as you relax on a sled gently pulled by a reindeer. Imagine if you are lucky to witness the Aurora dancing above while sitting on a sled behind a furry reindeer-bum.
According to Sami people, the northern lights make sounds. Sit quiet and listen - maybe you can hear it too! The natural wonders can sometimes be predicted but never guaranteed. The lack of urban light pollution allows you to thoroughly enjoy the splendors of the night sky.
After the sledding adventure enjoy a traditional hot aami meal, see and learn about Sami artifacts and hear stories and joik (traditional Sami chanting).
The camp is established and run by authentic Sami people with long reindeer-herding traditions. By taking part in this evening excursion we hope you will be charmed by the fascinating reindeer and find that you love our gentle but curious creatures just like we do - Our true hero in the Arctic.
* If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
* All animals used for these services are trained for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others.
* The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
* Sleds are shared, two participants on one sled.
* Alternative: The Reindeer Sledding is subject to snow and when there is not enough snow we offer Reindeer Feeding and Saami Culture instead (NOK 1195 per person)
Season: Daily from 1 November 2020 to 31 March 2021 (subject to snow conditions)
What to bring: Warm boots as well as hat, mittens and scarf. Dont forget your camera.
Included: English-speaking Sami guide, transfer (30 min each way), thermal winter suit and boots, hot traditional Sami meal, hot and cold drinks
Duration: 4 hours
Number of guests: 2- 48
Level: Easy / family
Not suitable for wheel chairs.
Book now - choose start date and product
About this activity
Phone number (booking)+47 918 57 635
Eat & Drink on siteDinner served
Prices from1695 NOK
In the nearby area
Unfortunately there is nothing to show in the nearby area. Instead, try a different category.