Address: Sjøgata 2, 9008 Tromsø
Your own Arctic Dome is waiting for you to stay overnight giving you both the evening and night to look for the Northern Lights from this stunning location and to appreciate the landscape by daylight as well.
Not far away from Tromsø in a hidden fjord, you will find an Arctic paradise that remains largely untouched. This is where we offer you Tromsø’s best kept secret, consisting of the best North Norwegian hospitality and warmth at the end of the road, where the scenery is at its wildest and best and the chances of seeing the Northern Lights are always high.
Why follow the others, when the best place is to be found where few have been before? We invite you on a journey through some of the best scenery in Northern Norway consisting of valleys, mountains and fjords to a special place where you will be welcomed by the best views of the Lyngen Alps. This is where you find your own Arctic Dome waiting for you to stay overnight, giving you both the evening and night to look for the Northern Lights from this stunning location and to appreciate the landscape by daylight as well.
After a healthy breakfast in the morning, we set out on a snowshoeing tour with stories about the Sami culture.
• 14.45 (2.45pm) Meet at Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromsø
• 16.00 (4pm) Check-in Arctic Dome
• 19.00 (7pm) Delicious fish soup served in dome
• Breakfast in the Arctic Dome
• 11.00 (11am) Pick-up for day activity of Sami stories and sights by snowshoes/on foot.
• 14.00 (2pm) Depart for Tromsø
• 15.00 (3pm) Arrive Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromsø
Season: Daily from 15 October 2018 to 30 April 2019
Not operated 23, 24 and 25 December 2018
What to bring: Warm clothes and winter boots, extra drinks and snack, personal belongings and toiletries.
What is included:
• Local host
• Return transfers (60 min each way) by comfortable minibus
• Snowshoes and poles or ice fishing equipment
• Hot meal and drinks for supper + breakfast package in the morning
• Snack and hot drinks during the activity
• Activity: Scenery and activities including Sami stories and snowshoe/foot hike
• Overnight stay in the Arctic Dome
• Facilities in the Arctic Dome: Double bed with duvet and pillow, wood for the stove as well as a oil burner, electricity for one light and one charger, chairs and table, benches, reindeer hides. The Dome is made from a wind and waterproof material and has big clear plastic windows for good view of the sky. Basic toilet and washing facilities. Shower available in a nearby building.
N.B: If you would like someone to keep an eye on the fire throughout the night, there is an extra charge of NOK 500. Local host is 5 minutes ‘away and can be reach easily if needed.
Duration: 24 hours
Number of guests: 2 (For families of up to 4 people, please get in touch for availability and prices).
Not suitable for wheelchairs