Northern Lights in the hidden fjords of Norway, 4 daysDate: Saturday 3 nov 2018 - Saturday 30 Mar 2019
Few places are still as undiscovered as the hidden fjords of Northern Norway during wintertime. The rough, high-peaked mountains are powdered with snow and the winter light can be incredible. Even in December, when the sun is not rising above the horizon, the blue pastel colours of the sky are magnificent. In addition, the mysterious landscape is often illuminated by the legendary Northern Lights during the clear nights, making up for the relatively short days of "daylight". Cruising through this spectacular wilderness scenery has a humbling impact on those travellers entering the great northern land, filled with wildlife and fascinating human history.
We invite you onboard the comfortable small expedition ship M/V Quest. We will cruise the sheltered coastline, inside and along a beautiful archipelago of islands, keeping our eyes peeled for wildlife and occasionally exploring the land by snowshoes.
For the last couple of years huge numbers of Orcas and Humpback Whales have joined an annual hunt for herring in the North-Norwegian fjords during wintertime. We are sailing in the area where the herring feast is expected. But, as the traveling pattern of both the whales and the herring is rather unpredictable we aim to be highly flexible with our schedule and route.
- Experience the Arctic and Polar Night on the small ship M/V Quest
- Amazing opportunities to see the Northern Lights
- Possibilities for Northern Light photography (tripod) from shore
- Northern Norwegian wildlife including White-tailed Eagles, Orcas and Humpback Whales
- Beautiful snow-capped mountains and pristine wilderness
- Polar city of Tromsø and remote Norwegian villages
- Experience life North of the Arctic Circle in the Polar Night
- Selections of local harbors with possibilities to experience local history, culture and lifestyle
Please note: The exact route of the expedition will depend on the weather conditions and the wildlife. The Captain and the Expedition Leader will do everything in their power to maximise your experience. Flexibility is the key to a successful expedition!
Duration: 4 days and 3 nights, Saturday - Tuesday
- Triple cabin (upper/lower beds): NOK 16 390,- per person
- Twin cabin (2 twin beds): NOK 19 200,- per person
- Twin cabin Plus (2 twin beds): NOK 19 990,- per person
- Double cabin (double bed): NOK 19 990,- per person
- Double cabin Superior (large double bed): NOK 22 360,- per person
- Owner´s cabin (large double bed): NOK 26 390,- per person
If you´re traveling alone, it´s also possible to book a Twin cabin for single use upon request. Please contact us directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4 days and 3 nights adventure on board M/V Quest
- All meals, coffee and tea
- All activities on board including lectures
- Museum visit in Tromsø
- An experienced Expedition leader and Guide team
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- Airfare or other travel modes to/from Tromø
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal travel insurance