Dogsledding and Northern Lights
From 3185 NOK
Combine 2 of our best-seller arctic experiences: dogsledding during the day and Northern Lights Camp spotting during the evening.
- Adventures for pure areas and unconditional love
- Lovers of unique moments
- Aurora seekers with comfort
Wake up and smile, as today you will cuddle up to 60 huskies and go for an attempt to find the green lights dancing in the sky!
Your day starts with us at 08:30 at Radisson BLU hotel in Tromsø centre. Just about an hour from Tromsø, you find our kennel, surrounded by mighty mountains and deep valleys, which makes this safari a real northern Norwegian, Arctic experience. Here you will be greeted by happy huskies eagerly waiting to take you out on a fantastic dogsledding experience.
After a short explanation (in English!) on how to handle the dogs and sleds, we will leave in pairs. One will be the "musher" (driver), and the other will be on the sled. You change places along the way. The huskies love to run, but you have to be part of the team and help them up the slopes. It is a fun experience, but also a little physical workout.
This trip will give you a smile on your face and red roses on your cheeks. Back in the camp, hot soup and drinks await. You will be back at Tromsø around 15:45.
Time to relax or explore the city. We welcome you back at 18:15 at the Radisson BLU hotel for your evening activity: joining us at one of our Aurora Safari Camps, looking out for the aurora!
We drive in a spacious and comfortable bus, to one of our camps. We have camps in different locations, allowing us to choose the one with the better forecast on any given night, to show you the aurora borealis (last season we had a success rate of 85%).
At the camp, you will find plenty of space inside and outside, a local host, a warm shelter (a small house, a Sami tent, or another type of structure), toilet facilities, tripods to use free of charge and thermal winter suits for your disposal. We might also have a campfire and can sit outside on benches if the weather allows us. We will be back in Tromsø between 23:30 and 01:30.
Northern lights photos are included free of charge on this tour.
Pick-up from Tromsø Camping Lodge is possible for both activities (choose as free of charge option during your booking via ADD-ON)
Time schedule: Dogsledding: 08:45- 15:45 / Aurora Safari Camp: 18:15 - 01:30
Booking: in the next step you can choose your Adult price class: Adult or Student.
From 3185 NOK
- Return scenic transfers by comfortable coach (1 hour and 20 minutes each way)
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guides
- 1 to 1.5 hours of self-drive dogsledding
- Thermal winter suits, winter boots, socks, gloves and hats
- Hot soup, hot drinks (chocolate, coffee and tea)
Evening Aurora Safari Camps
- Knowledgeable and dedicated English-speaking Northern Lights guide
- Transport by comfortable bus with on-board toilet
- Scenic, private and safe Aurora Safari Camp with toilet facilities
- Beautiful Northern Lights video shown on the bus
- Warm drinks and sweet local cake (lefse)
- Warm overalls for use during the stay at the Aurora Safari Camp
- Tripods for use during the stay at the Aurora Safari Camp
- High-resolution northern lights photos from the tour free of charge
- Not included: Hot soup (vegetarian option available on request when booking)